This year I vow to live the ideas of Real Simple.
Do they live up to the claim? Will they make my life easier, calmer, more Simple?
Or will I make myself crazy with too high a bar of perfection looming over my head each day? Can you be REAL Real Simple?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Real Simple Magazine Challenge

Each year begins with a resolution or two--but soon after the first some are put to the side, too hard to tackle, too daunting to face alone.

I decided I needed a guide, a guru of sorts to help me get my life pulled together. There were mindfields throughout my life--I could lose 20 pounds, actually work out and get my heart pumping more often, save money, clean out the drawers of stuff we have accumulated in the last 5 years since Maddie was born. Basically get to everything that gets pushed to the side as we try to keep our heads above water with 2 children under 5 and 2 working parents, and an active, involved social and community life.

My choice: To Live Real Simple. I've been a subsciber for years, and each month I read the magazine cover to cover, ripping out some pages with items to track down, recipes to try, organizing tips to ponder but never implement.

Finally this year I vow to live the ideas of Real Simple. Do they live up to the claim? Will they make my life easier, calmer, more Simple? Or will I make myself crazy with too high a bar of perfection looming over my head each day? Can you be REAL Real Simple?





No comments:

Post a Comment