This year I vow to live the ideas of Real Simple.
Do they live up to the claim? Will they make my life easier, calmer, more Simple?
Or will I make myself crazy with too high a bar of perfection looming over my head each day? Can you be REAL Real Simple?

Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Normal Lipstick

Pundits say that lipstick sales increase in a recession because compared to other fashion splurges a tube of lipstick is not that big an investment. (Let me see...Chanel quilted bag at $2250, or Chanel lipstick at $28.50--in the new normal I'll take the lipstick.)

But there is a wide range of lipstick choices. For some reason I have shunned all of the drugstore brands--I think I overindulged in Wet 'N Wild in high school and have too many memories of my mom mixing her own personal concoction of layers of pinks from green revlon tubes. Once I discovered Bobbi Brown and Chanel at Nordstrom there was no going back.

Its been a long time since I walked the Walgreens makeup aisle, let alone bought anything other than Almay eye make-up remover pads there.

REAL SIMPLE suggested that Revlon Colorburst Lipstick was destined to be a classic--but they failed to mention they are a BARGAIN.

At $9.95 a tube (and currently buy one get the second 50% off) I got two beautiful new shades of lipstick (may I recommend Rosy Nude and Raspberry). They are just as creamy as my more expensive lipsticks, and last just about as long (I can drink a latte, but the gloss is gone after a meal.)

Maybe I can justify that Chanel bag by only buying Revlon lipsticks in the future? But then again that really isn't the point--if its the NEW Normal, I have to love the lipstick, and live without the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment